RECIPE: Easy Flatbread
Try our easy flatbread recipe, and enjoy it as an appetiser or afternoon snack with our Koetshuis Sauvignon Blanc.
For the base:
- 350g bread flour
- 1 x 10g sachet instant dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 250ml lukewarm water
For the toppings:
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- 100g mature cheddar
- 6 slices parma ham
- 2 shallots, sliced
- ½ cup dried apricots, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh herbs of choice
- Place the bread flour, salt, sugar and yeast in a bowl and mix. Then add the water and olive oil and begin to mix. Knead for 10-15mins until smooth. Remove from the bowl and place in a clean bowl that has been lightly oiled, cover with plastic and allow to rest at room temperature until doubled in size, roughly 1hr.
- Preheat the oven to 220’c.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, knock back and scrape onto floured baking paper. Roll or press out to desired shape.
- Spread a thin layer of basil pesto on the flatbread base. Then add grated cheese, sliced onions, chopped apricots and more cheese. Place in the oven and bake for 12-15mins until the base is cooked and the cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and top with parma ham and fresh herbs.
Enjoy with a glass of De Grendel Koetshuis Sauvignon Blanc.