Sweeten Up Your Valentine's Day: Almond Ricotta Raspberry Cake
Valentine's Day is the perfect occasion to celebrate love with a sweet and indulgent treat. This Almond Ricotta Raspberry Cake is the perfect dessert to make for your special someone. This Almond Ricotta Raspberry cake is a delightful balance of flavors and textures.
And to make it even more special, enjoy it with a glass of De Grendel Proposal Hill Brut Rosé. The bubbles in the wine will complement the light and fluffy texture of the cake, creating a truly unforgettable dining experience.
So, preheat your oven, grease your baking dish, and let's get started on this delicious Valentine's Day dessert!
- 1 ¾ cups almond flour
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla powder / extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup raspberries
- 150g ricotta
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Grease a shallow round baking dish with coconut oil or butter.
- Beat the eggs and salt until fluffy. Add the maple syrup and vanilla and whisk.
- Fold in the almond flour, baking soda, and lemon rind.
- Top with raspberries.
- Bake for 20min until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before serving.
- Blend the ricotta and milk to make a light whip, alternatively top with cream or coconut cream.
- Top the cake with cream and raspberries and serve with a glass of De Grendel Proposal Hill Brut Rosé.