Ricotta and Goats Cheese Zucchini Ravioli in a Roasted Tomato Sauce
You have to try this amazing vegetarian recipe:Ricotta and Goats cheese zucchini ravioli in a roasted tomato sauce. Enjoy it with a glass of De Grendel Sauvignon Blanc.
Servings: 6 | Prep-time: 15 minutes | Cook-time: 35 minutes
- 6 exotic tomatoes, sliced (or 3 large heirloom tomatoes)
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 handful of basil, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- 4 large zucchinis
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled goats’ cheese
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 handful of fresh basil, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- In a baking dish, layer the sliced tomatoes, garlic, and cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and some salt and pepper. Then add the chopped basil.
- Mix to combine and bake for 15 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to burst.
- To make the ravioli. Thinly slice the zucchini length ways using a mandolin then lay them on a paper towel and sprinkle with salt.
- In a bowl, combine the cheeses, the rest of the basil, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pat the zucchini strips dry and then lay them in a star shape (start with 1 strip, then add another on top to make a X and then repeat with another two strips.)
- Spoon 1 tbsp of the filling into the centre of the X
- Bring the ends of the zucchini together, laying them over the cheese to cover it.
- Repeat with the remaining filling and zucchini.
- Once the tomatoes have burst remove from the oven and place the ravioli in the sauce.
- Drizzle with some olive oil and then bake for 15-20 minutes until tender and soft.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with some basil and some parmesan and enjoy with a glass of De Grendel Sauvignon Blanc!