Pulled Pork Buns with Coriander & Chilli Pesto
In the fast and furious race towards the end of the year, do you sometimes catch yourself daydreaming? We’ve been imagining ourselves serving these little bites of deliciousness to eager friends and family!
Served with a chilled bottle of De Grendel Viognier, these Pulled Pork Buns with Coriander & Chilli Pesto are perfect for easy summer entertaining.
Roll on summer!
- 500g pork fillet
- 700g passata
- 1 Tbsp chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 24 slider buns
- 1 jar Pesto Princess Coriander & Chilli Pesto, to serve
For the pickled cabbage:
- ¼ red cabbage, shredded
- 200ml apple cider or white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the pork fillet in an ovenproof dish and, in a small bowl, stir together the passata, chilli powder, ground cumin, brown sugar, salt and garlic. Pour this mixture evenly over the pork, cover with foil and cook for between two and three hours, checking and turning if necessary half way through the cooking time.
- To make the pickled red cabbage, heat the vinegar, salt and sugar over low heat and pour over the red cabbage. Let it cool before serving.
- When cooked and super tender, shred the pork using two forks, pulling against the grain of the meat.
- Serve in warmed slider buns with a dollop of Pesto Princess Coriander & Chilli Pesto and pickled red cabbage.
Photography, Recipes and Styling by Michelle Parkin.