Malva Lemon Mousse Trifle & De Grendel Noble Late Harvest
Christmas is a time when we get to enjoy all our favourite sweet treats. Think traditional malva pudding, the obligatory trifle, and zesty lemon mousse which is always a winner during the warmer summer months.
At De Grendel we decided to combine all three favourites into one decadent and utterly delicious dessert to enjoy with our Noble Late Harvest. The best part is that you can buy ready-made malva pudding and lemon curd, saving you a ton of time in the kitchen, helping you to relax and spend quality time with your loved ones during the festive period.
- 1 kg malva pudding (shop bought or prepared)
- 1 kg double cream plain yoghurt
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup lemon curd
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup lemon curd / passion fruit purée for topping
- ¼ cup coconut flakes, lightly toasted in a dry pan
- 1 - 2 lemons or citrus for decoration
- Bake the malva pudding and allow to cool completely. Then refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours (or use shop-bought malva pudding).
- Beat the yoghurt and mascarpone together until thick and smooth.
- Gently fold in the lemon curd and lemon zest into the yoghurt mixture.
- Cut the malva pudding into squares and place in the bottom of the trifle dish.
- Top with lemon mousse and/or passion fruit purée.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut flakes.
- Finish the garnish with thinly sliced lemon or citrus.
- Add gold dust for a festive flair.
- Serve with De Grendel Noble Late Harvest.