De Grendel is celebrating the beginning of the white wine season with live music, delicious food and a Sauvignon Blanc inspired menu served at the De Grendel Restaurant during the Season of Sauvignon weekend.
The annual Season of Sauvignon festival draws together the “family” of vineyards that share their home in the Durbanville Wine Valley. The Valley is renowned as an excellent Sauvignon Blanc area and is one of Cape Town’s ‘must-visit’ wine destinations. This year the festival it will be held on 28 and 29 October.
Here’s what you can expect at De Grendel:
- CANCELLED: Due to unforseen circumstances, SkyWorx will unfortunately NOT be able to offer Helicopter flights this weekend. Helicopter Rides: Exhilarating Helicopter Rides on 28-29 October for only R279 pp. Enjoy the spectacular bird's-eye view of Table Mountain, the bay and Cape Town CBD flying the safest and best maintained turbine engine Bell helicopters. 4 Pax at a time makes this a bucket list dream event.
- A food court including the following vendors:
|Sliced Between food truck: They specialise in gourmet wraps, ranging from sirloin steak to pulled pork to vegetarian. And of course we cannot forget their deep fried calamari which is a firm favourite!|
Ice Cream Ninja: This tasty vendor places ice cream on a frozen slab and then uses their crazy ninja skills to mix in whatever you want from brownies to cookie dough to peanut butter to fudge to popping candy.
Café Chameleon Pizza: Thin based and wood fired pizza at its best!
- Resound Music will be providing the perfect live music for the festival.
- Festival goers will get a branded white wine glass and three wine tastings of De Grendel wines at R50. Normal wine tasting options will also be available.
- Wine will be available by the bottle for the weekend and we will have a special wine slushy available as well.
- Special menu at the De Grendel Restaurant:
De Grendel Restaurant - Season of Sauvignon Menu
In celebration of the Season of Sauvignon Festival taking place the De Grendel Restaurant will be serving a special Sauvignon Blanc inspired food and wine paired menu at R600 per person. This will be the only menu available in the restaurant on the 28th and 29th of October.
The festival will be running at De Grendel on Saturday, 28 October, and Sunday, 29 October, from 11am to 6pm.
To view the full festival programme click here.