This Curried Mayonnaise Dressing works well with poultry. Use in a green mixed salad or cold pasta salad with chicken or turkey.
Pair it with our recommended wine for January, the De Grendel Viognier 2015. Buy it now and let us know if you try the pairing.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I recommend Hellman's or make your own)
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney.
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a small frying pan over medium-low heat.
Add onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent.
Add curry powder to the frying pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, until fragrant be careful not to burn the curry powder.
Remove from heat and allow to cool.
When curry and onions are cooled, mix with mayonnaise, chutney, lime juice and salt in a small bowl.