Blueberry Lemon Tart
Serves 6-8 peopleFor the biscuit base
250g tennis biscuits or ginger biscuits
2 punnets of fresh blueberries
- Crush the biscuits in a large freezer bag using a rolling pin until you achieve a rough breadcrumb consistency.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the biscuit crumbs.
- Now place in a prepared pie dish and set in the fridge.
- Once the base is set place a layer of blueberries on the base.
Lemon curd mixture
zest of 4 lemons
juice of 8 lemons
4 egg yolks
600g caster sugar
4 gelatin sheets
- Place all ingredients, apart from the gelatin, into a bowl and place over a water bath, continuously stirring until a thick custard consistency is achieve.
- Soak gelatin leaves in cold water and then take out of water and squeeze excess water off. Add to the warm mixture and stir until completely dissolved.
- Now pour mixture over the biscuit base and blueberries an allow to cool and then place in the fridge until set.
- Garnish with fresh whipped cream and blueberries.